Caring for People with Additional Needs: Unit 26 (pass criteria only)
* A brief introduction to the introductory pack including aims and objectives
* Include a definition of additional needs
* Explain why it is important for care practitioners to be aware of the different additional needs that people may have (150 words)
P1 –Outline reasons why individuals may experience additional needs - Produce a newsletter
* What are additional needs – What is a physical disability and how does it have an impact on an individual to be classed as an additional need?
* What is a sensory disability? Give examples
* What is a cognitive disability? Give examples ...view middle of the document...
Key questions to consider:
* Is it a positive or negative approach?
* Does it focus on the ability or disability of people with additional needs?
* Is there an aim to the model?
* Is the disabled person labelled as a victim?
* Give an example of the impact on service provision because of the model of disability
P3- Explain the barriers which may be experienced by people with additional needs
* Define what a barrier could in reference to health and social care settings
* Identify the barriers that people with additional needs may face e.g. attitudinal barriers; discrimination, barriers to access and opportunities, cultural, stereotyping and discrimination, impact on self-esteem and the effects of this on a disabled person’s well-being and give examples of each barrier described
P4 – Explain positive working practice with individuals with additional learning needs – written piece
* What is an additional learning need? Give examples of this with an explanation
* What support services can a client with additional learning needs access?