Case No 1.
Home in Hospital
Q. 1. Is Computerization, solution to every problem? Do you feel that this hospital has to go for computerization?
Today’s world of globalization and increased competition among many firms made it essential to cope with new challenges through extensive use of technology. Although it’s true that computerization is important, but not essentially the solution for every business problem.
In the hospital case, they should preferably go for computerization at least in the pharmacy stock, because the use of automated system will help smooth running of its operations. As the scissor lost case reveal the importance of Just in time method, especially when the whole pharmacy area is operated by only one person.
Q. 2. Assuming Dr. Khan’s study of the situation is correct and computerization for HH is essential, ...view middle of the document...
Especially the out of stock items and theft case will be more powerful to convince him to overcome these problems through the use of automation.
Moreover we can use the example of Partika Hospital for the importance of computerization in the world of growing competition.
Case No. 2
Mr. Tom Case
Q. No 1. What will be your SWOT analysis for the company?
1. Already established reputation
2. Specialized workforce
3. Already established market (Third world countries)
1. Not adaptable to change
2. Large hierarchy/ chain of command
3. Employee unions
4. No emphasis on Quality
5. No participation from the owner side.
6. Organization has a reactive approach.
1. To move in other geographical areas ( the owner operates in 6 different countries)
2. To move from export to FDI in under developed countries.
3. The cultural change in third world countries provides the opportunity to move in other product categories develop for developing and developed nations.
1. New entrants with improved quality products
2. Companies have already established quality system should offer products in low prices
3. Cultural Change
Q. No. 2. What are the cultural changes that are required?
* The company should focus on quality products, because in Today’s world of globalization they would not be able to exist without paying emphasis on quality. A separate quality and R& D department is recommended to cope with these challenges.
* The hierarchy or chain of command should be reduced so that the employees should have a word in decision making activities.
* The organization must be a learning organization where everyone should know the importance of change.
Q. No 3.What should be the strategic planning process that would you recommend?