Individual Assignment 3 40 Marks (20%)
For this assignment, read the instructions and provide analysis on the ten topics listed.
Before you begin, review the General Instructions for all Written Assignments (in Assignments).
Introduction and Instructions
You have recently been hired as the Director of Human Resources for Wilson Brothers Canada and have HR responsibility for all of the company’s Canadian operations. Bob and John Wilson have asked you to prepare a report for their review focusing specifically on organizational behavior within the company. Review the Wilson Brothers Case Scenario in ...view middle of the document...
Use each topic as a heading in your analysis. While there are no page requirements for the analysis report include all relevant analysis and be concise. Edit carefully. Remember this is an Executive Summary for the owners of the company.
The required ten (10) topics to be covered, and subjected to analysis, are:
1. Organizational Design and Structure (Advantages/Disadvantages).
2. Job Design (Use of job design principles to impact employee motivation and employee engagement).
3. Decision Making (How decisions are made and communicated).
4. Equity (Specific issues related to perceived fairness in the organization).
5. Organizational Culture (Culture(s) within the organization and the effect of the culture(s) on organization performance).
6. Organizational Change (Analyze any significant change – current changes being implemented; a recent change already implemented; changes being contemplated for the future).
7. Work Groups/Teams (The existence of group or teams in the organization and their effectiveness).
8. Conflict (Evidence and effect of conflict in the organization and how it is handled).
9. Leadership Style (Leadership and management style of the interviewee and others in management).
10. Power, Influence and Motivation (The use of power, motivation and influence in the organization to impact employee behaviour).