VARK Analysis Paper
April 28, 2012
VARK Analysis Paper
The Learning Style:
The learning style of the student was assessed using the VARK Questionnaire. It was found that the student had a strong Read/Write learning preference. As a read/write learner, the student usually does the following patterns to study.
* Will read the handouts, textbooks and notes from the instructors, to study
* Usually love to rewrite what was learned after reading
* Prefer to study alone to avoid distraction (quiet areas). The student will focus more if there is no noise or distraction.
* Usually take down comprehensive notes while in classrooms.
* Love to use dictionary ...view middle of the document...
This will help the student to share the thoughts and to ask questions about the assigned topic.
* Once you’re done reading, think about the missing ideas or materials that are not discussed by the author. Record this down in a sheet of paper and later this can be of great help while searching for a journal or book about the same topic.
* Rewrite the ideas and reactions into the notes and keep them handy. Organize any diagrams and graphs, with these notes, which will help you to understand the topic more easily and thoroughly.
* It is better to write a draft before the due date of the assignment. The friends can help to proofread your paper, so that the student can avoid mistakes or omissions.
* When the assignment is returned after evaluation, the student can understand the weakness and strengths.
* Knowledge of the student’s model preference is an important condition for improving learning.
* The color-coding system should be used to organize the assignments and home work. The student can use different colored files, highlighters and sticky notes will help to organize the study materials.
Comparison of the identified learning style with the preferred learning strategies:
The student was assessed to have a strong reading/writing learning preference. The student should plan reading using a calendar. This will help to finish the assignments in time. The student should have to write down small notes for the topics for the assignments and plot a rough draft before the due date. Planning early will help to learn thoroughly and also will help to execute the project before the due date.
Appraise any change the student needs to make in the study habit:
A student should be a very good...