P10: Interpret and analyse the results in terms of your original research specification
In this assignment I will be disclosing the results of the questionnaires that I have gotten filled out for my research project. There will also be analysis followed by the results to help describe what was found in the research and also whether it helps contradict or aid my secondary research and also finally determine the result of my research question, “How have the changes in technology affected customer satisfaction in Sainsbury’s organisation?”
I had used two methods in my assignment to help me carry out my primary research and for both altogether I have used a ...view middle of the document...
Where from my secondary research there was an article published by the independent stating how consumers and the reporters have stated that “For many customers, self-service is likely to be frustrating, irritating and alienating”. As the report stated that over 100,000 self-service machines are now dominating our supermarkets and with more years to come supermarkets intend to make this change permanent and still growing eventually making customer-employee interaction obsolete.
In various workplaces management have established that the use and introduction of various technological aspects have become useful in that field of work and helped increase efficiency among workers a tremendous amount leaving the organisation to become more work productive. However in Sainsbury’s organisation 62% participants from the study have stated that their job can be done with the use of technology and that their work is completely obsolete without the aid of a computer. However the other 38% of participants do need technology to complete their work task as quoted from one participant (See appendix 2.2) “I am a security guard so I need the cameras to keep the property well maintained”.
As the years have progressed with more and more technology being exposed to society and through this everyday tasks are being completed easier and faster through more new technology. Technology has helped aid individuals over the coming years and as more and more technology has been introduced into organisation to help improve efficiency. From the questionnaire 8 participants had stated that they felt with the new introduction of technology in their store that the workload has become easier to deal with because of the aid of new technology in store. One participant has detailed that in this quote (see appendix 2.3) “I am in stock management so I need to technology to help establish a good system of what stock is shipped in and out”. However from my secondary research I have found a link that best illustrates how technology has helped the organisation in determine efficiency with some organisation including supermarket organisations who have decided to whilst their employees are on shift top tag them to help determine how efficient those employees are and whether they can improve as quoted from the credible source saying that “over 10,000 employees being tagged from various organisations
Looking at the research above it is quite clear from both primary and secondary research that the introduction of technology in supermarkets have drawn major changes within store both good and bad and have resulted in changes for not only customers but also the staff and with more and more technology being introduced the supermarket environment that we have today may not be the same in a few years.
Have changes in technology affected sales revenue and net profit
With recent additions of technology being introduced into all parts of the supermarket industry then there is the questions of whether...