PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
The aim of this unit is to act as a focal point for all other units in the programme and embed the vocational nature of the qualification. In addition to the requirement for work experience and the opportunity to relate theory to practice, the unit will enable you to bring together your learning from other units.
You will initially explore factors that affect learning, then plan and monitor your own personal and professional development and reflect on it. You will also gain key understanding of the health and social care sectors, including aspects of service delivery, and the fundamentals of ...view middle of the document...
There are various theories of learning which you need to explain eg Honey and Mumford, Kolb.
For Task l you need to
• write a short explanation of 2 theories about how we learn (not more than 300 words) (P1)
• write an explanation of how some of the following different influences can affect the ability to learn successfully (P1)
- previous learning and experiences
- specific learning needs
- formal versus informal learning
- learning style
- learning environment
- access to resources
- attitude and self discipline
- aspirations and motivation
- priorities in life
- others as appropriate
• Write an analysis of how your own learning has been influenced by these factors (M1)
• Write an evaluation of how your own learning and development may benefit other people (D1)
Unit Content for Task 1
1. Understand the learning process
Theories of learning: eg Honey and Mumford, Kolb
Influences on learning: eg previous learning and experience, specific learning need, formal versus informal learning, time, learning style, learning environment, access to resources, attitude and self-discipline, aspirations and motivation, priorities, health, responsibilities, relationships, others as appropriate.
Task 2 (relevant criteria P2) Hand in date:
This task looks at your own knowledge, skills, practice, values, beliefs and career aspirations at the beginning of the course.
• Skills for learning: These fall into 2 types – study skills and research skills. In the 2 boxes below describe what skills you think you already have in this area.
|Study skills: describe what | |
|skills you have in the 3 areas| |
|of | |
|- Literacy | |
|- Numeracy | |
|- Information and | |
|Communication technology | |
| | |
| | ...