Factors influencing prenatal development?
Drugs (street or over the counter) ‐ Alcohol ‐ Cigarettes ‐ Disease ‐ Poor nutrition ‐ Stressors ‐ Chemicals ‐ Almost anything can impact a developing fetus.
Birth defects or congenital defects are present at birth. They result from heredity, environmental influences, or maternal illness. Such defects range from the very minor, such as a dark spot or birthmark that may appear anywhere on the body, to more serious conditions that may result in marked disfigurement, impaired functioning, or decreased lifespan.
Birth defects have a variety of causes. What causes birth defects and how to prevent them has been ...view middle of the document...
This is why it's so important to make sure that everyone is vaccinated against rubella.
These are abnormalities of structure, function, or body chemistry that will require medical or surgical care or could have some effect on a child's development.
2.superstitions and belief?
If a kid sees another hairy kid, he may say that, “Pinaglihi ka sa balut” meaning your mother ate balutwhen she was pregnant. There are instances that when one kid have a face that resembles like a monkey, all his/her playmates will tease him, “Pinaglihi ka sa unggoy” – meaning her mother had a great liking on monkeys when she was pregnant or a kid with a wide spread legs like a frog, the same will be claim.
A pregnant mother must finish all the food on her plate so that when she delivers all will come out.
Old folks submerged a comb in coconut milk to make the mother’s breast abundant with milk.
Partaking food with an expectant mother will result to sleepiness, drowsy or even sick.
Visitors are not allowed to stand-by or sit at threshold of the house by a pregnant woman will result to difficult delivery or long labor. Same as the windows and doors must be kept wide open for an easy delivery of the infant.
Pregnant mother are not allowed to cry for they will suffer hard delivery and the infant will turn to a crybaby.
An expectant mother is forbidden to eat shellfish which are slippery and the baby might be expelling out of the womb.
Pregnant woman are not allowed to view an eclipse, so that when the baby is born, it will not have the habit of winking the eyes incessantly.
* All windows and doors should be wide close for the laboring mother’s easy delivery. Krista Marie Gutierrez
* Pregnant women should avoid witnessing her husband, so that when born their babies would not have the habit of winking the eyes abnormally.
* An expectant mother should not act as sponsor in a baptismal ceremony to avoid difficulty in delivering her baby or to avoid the death of the fetus or of the newly baptized child.
* Sitting on the threshold of the house by a pregnant woman will result in a difficult delivery.
* Taking pictures of a pregnant woman will cause an abortion or a difficult delivery.
* An expectant mother should have her house neither constructed nor remodeled to avoid difficulty in delivering her baby.
* Do not partake of the food being eaten by an expecting mother. If you do, you will either become sleepy or will feel drowsy or sick.
* The new mother should avoid itchy or scratchy foods like gabi, and round fruits or root crops such as citrus, ube, tugui, and coconut for three weeks so her inner organs can return to normal.
* Do not leave the ladle on top or inside of the rice kettle, but set it aside until more rice is needed. This is done so that childbirth will not be difficult.
* A visitor must not sit or stand on the ladder or at the door, but come inside so that delivery will not be hard.
* The mother...