1. What was this natural resource the Once-ler found?
2. What was the product?
3. How was it used by buyers?
Shit, sock, hat, carpets, pillows, sheets, curtains, etc. Multi-purposed for endless things.
4. What did the Lorax want to know of the Once-ler?
Why he is cutting the tree down (Stewardship, speaking for the trees).
5. How did Once-Ler answer?
He only cutted down one tree, everybody needed a thneed. He thinks that if he didn’t exploit he environment someone else would
6. Name an example of technology that YOU can use at home.
7. Name an example of technology that ...view middle of the document...
11. Name the animals.
Humming-fish, Brown Bar-ba-loots, Swomee Swans
12. Explain why these animals needed truffula trees.
Produce fruit eaten by Bar-ba-loots and provided shade. Swans perched themselves in the tree.
13. Waste Byproduct-1?
14. Waste Byproducts?
Smog from factory.
15. Were the waste byproducts that resulted from the making of thneeds harmful or helpful to the environment.
16. Explain how the byproducts of making thneeds affected these animals.
Swanee swans can’t sing or breathe with the smoke. The fish can’t sing with schloppy-schlop in their gils.
17. Did the Once-ler try to prevent or stop the environmental effects of producing thneeds?
and he must have industrial progress. Can’t shut down and fire 100,000 workers; bad economics. And he was greedy.
19. Why did the Oncler leave?
He was ashamed of how much damage he had done.
20. What happened to cause the failure of this business?
Lack of natural capital to create products.
21. What happened to the workers and the town after the factory closed?
They all drove out of the city, leaving it in shambles and polluted.
22. What was his mistake?
He didn’t care a whole awful. Nothing got better. It did not.
Truffula trees, barbaloots, swomee swans, water, land, air, humming fsh
Produced capital: thneeds, highways, factory, 4-way axe, boxes, homes
Intangible Capital: labor, skills, songs and ads
Free market/laizzes faire