Chapter One: Introduction
This chapter consists of background of the study, statement of the problem, general and specific objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, limitation of the study and organization of the paper.
1.1 Background of the Study
The government of Ethiopia has launched economic reforms, financial liberalization measures and restructuring of financial institutions with the aim of promoting a competitive environment and efficient banking services to the public. The financial sector, with implementation of flexible interest and exchange rates that are market-lead, shows sign of improvement. In addition, the coming in to effect of the Licensing ...view middle of the document...
Before recruiting begins, the position's requirements which should relate to the task must be clearly identified.
(Stonner et.al, 2000) stated that the purpose of recruitment is to provide a group of candidate that is large enough to let managers select the employees they need.
This study, therefore, investigated the effectiveness of recruitment practices of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
To have an effective recruitment there should be careful planning through which the organization acquires the right number and kind of people at the right time. The success or failure and effectiveness of an organization in providing the product and service are highly guaranteed on the effective utilization of human resources. It is also important to achieve its goals and full fill its mission, any organization needs of effective human resource.
This study attempts to inspect about policies, procedures, practices of recruitment at CBE. In general the study will try to examine the problem with the following questions.
* What kinds of policy, procedures, and practices of recruitment are in there with respect to recruitment at CBE?
* What recruitment strategies are utilized to attract qualified candidates?
* What are the sources of recruitment?
* Does CBE track the effectiveness of different recruiting methods?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
This study has general and specific objectives:
1.3.1 General Objective
* The general objective of this study is to assess the recruitment practices at Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
1.3.2 Specific Objectives
* To assess the factors affecting the recruitment practices and procedures in the organization.
* To understand the recruitment practices and procedures those are currently taking place in the organization.
* To assess the extent to which the concept of recruitment policies and procedures applied in the organization.
* Finally to come up with recommendation and solution for the identified problems in accordance with the study finding.
1.4 Methodology of the Study
Data for this study were derived from secondary sources: previous research and analysis of scholars, government documents, newspaper/magazines as well as journal articles that are related to the subject. This study involved an extensive literature review which critically analyzed the present status, problems and prospects of recruitment in Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
1.5 Significance of the Study
Acquiring and retaining high-quality talent is critical to an organization's success. As the job market becomes increasingly competitive and the available skills grow more diverse, recruiters need to be more selective in their choices, since poor recruiting decisions can produce long-term negative effects. This study is therefore intended to help the organization's management to direct their attention to this highly essential function of human resource management.
The finding of this...