Introducing the Quiz team
Calling the teams
Picking the places
1. Simple Round- +10 for a direct Q and +5 for a question answered on a pass. 10 secs for a direct Q and 5 secs for a question on a pass
2. Flags round- +10 for getting it right & - 5 for getting it wrong. No passing
3. First response heard is taken as the answer
4. Quizmaster decision binding and final
Rounds for Semi Finals (two)
1. Kuch bhi chalega round- 2 iterations; simple [total 4Qs+ 4Qs + 2 Res(Audience) Qs]
2. Dhandhe ka funda- 2 iterations; simple [total 4Qs+ 4Qs + 2 Res(Audience) Qs]
3. Ankhon ankhon mein- 1 iterations; Flag [total 4Qs+ 2 Res(Audience) ...view middle of the document...
Gutkha kings Rasiklal Manikchand Dhariwal and Jagdish M. Joshi are on the most wanted list of the Mumbai police for their alleged links with India’s most wanted fugitive Dawood Ibrahim. Which brand of gutkha is Joshi famous for? Goa*
4. Indian and Pakistan are in a slugfest over India’s 450-megawatt Baglihar hydel power project which Pak says reduces its share of water and violates the decades old Indus Water Treaty between the two countries that was signed by PM Jawaharlal Nehru and President Ayub Khan. Which tributary of the Indus is the hydel power project on?
Pakistan says the project on the Chenab river, violates the provisions of the World Bank-brokered Indus Water Treaty between the two countries. According to the treaty, Pakistan has exclusive use of the Indus, Jhelum and Chenab rivers while India has access to the Ravi, Beas and Sutlej rivers.
TAZA KHABAR - 2
5. What is India born and Canada based scientist T S Murthy, in news recently for a major environmental system, famous for?
Tsunami Warning System*
Murthy played a key role in setting up the Pacific Tsunami Warning System in 1965.. Murthy has suggested Visakhapatanam in Andhra Pradesh as the ideal location for setting up the tsunami warning system.
6. Who was appointed as the new chief of India’s external espionage agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)? Hormis Tharakan
Kerala police chief Hormis Tharakan as the new chief of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), the external intelligence agency, in place of C D Sahay, who retired in Jan.
7. Which well known historian was in news for declining the Padma Bhushan award recently?
Romila Thapar declined the honour for the second time after 1992. She says “In 1992, I was given precisely this award. I decided I would stay with academic and professional awards and not accept state awards....and I declined.”
8. President of which sports body was in news for winning in the Assembly elections held in Haryana recently?BCCI*
Ranbir Mahendra is the new BCCI President whose appointment was cleared by the Supreme Court recently.
9. Amrish Puri, the quintenssial bad man of the silver screen who passed away recently, is the only Indian to have acted in a film by Spielberg, following which he received a letter of commendation from the Oscar award winning director. Which film are we talking about?
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom*
Characteristically, Amrish Puri played the role of the villain Mota Ram who takes on Harrison Ford’s hero in the Spielberg sequel Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
10. In which private sector Indian power company has Alstom of France acquired a 10% stake recently? Torrent Power*
One participant will be blindfolded and will be taken to the edge of the stage. The other will be given a product or its pack....