HISTORY OFIn 1965, Fred Deluca had just graduated from high school in Bridgeport,Connecticut, USA. Like many young adults his age, he had dreams ofattending college. Although he was a hard-working, competent anddependable young man, the $1.25-per-hour he earned working at thelocal hardware store wouldn’t be enough to finance his education.Discouraged, Fred decided to ask Dr. Peter Buck, an old family friend, forsome advice. The two had known each other for years and Fred halfexpected Dr. Buck to loan him the money for college after telling him ofhis plans to study to become a medical doctor. Instead, Dr. Buck gaveFred an idea that would change his life and the lives of people aroundthe ...view middle of the document...
This enabled Pete and Fredto not only reach their goal, but surpass it. Today, entering their 46thyear of operation, SUBWAY® restaurants is the world’s largestsubmarine sandwich chain operates more units in the US, Canada andAustralia than McDonald’s® does. Countless awards and accolades havebeen bestowed upon Fred DeLuca and the SUBWAY® chain - theSUBWAY® name and its products have even appeared in numeroustelevision and motion picture productions. The SUBWAY® franchise hascome a long way from the modest sandwich shop in Bridgeport, CT.
5. SUBWAY’S MISSION&VISSIONMISSION: -To maximize profitability, improve shareholder value and deliversustainable growth year after year.VISSION: -To be the leading integrated food services group in the Asia Pacificregion based on consistent quality products and exceptional customer-focused service.
6. Subway’s Entry in INDIAOperating from its main office located in Milford, Connecticut, the quickservice restaurant chain has five regional centers to support itsexpanding international operations. The Asian Centre has been growingat a rapid pace and India as a country occupies a pivotal spot on thisexpansion map. Subway Systems India Pvt Ltd opened its very firstrestaurant in 2001 in New Delhi and has swiftly grown its operations to183 operating restaurants in 26 cities across India.Although it is a global brand with a menu that is relatively the samearound the world, SUBWAY® restaurants takes great pride in honoringand respecting local traditions and food preferences and has earned areputation for offering a healthier alternative to traditionally fatty andgreasy fast food.SUBWAY® restaurants in India serve no beef or pork products and havean expanded selection of vegetarian choices. Popular sandwiches, bothlocal and international favorites, include Veggie Patty, PaneerTikka, AlooPatty, Chicken Meatball Marinara, Roasted Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki,Turkey, and Tuna.
7. SWOT ANALYSISSTRENGTHS UNDERSTAND THE CULTURE,REGULATORY &ECOLOGICAL ISSUES. UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF ETHICS IN DOING BUSINESS EXAMINE THE REASONS FOR PROTESTS OF PETA IDENTIFY SOLUTIONS FOR KFC’S PROBLEMS IN INDIAWEAKNESS NON ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICE PETA PROTEST KRRS PROTEST MSG FLAVOUR IN CHICKENOPPORTUNITY RETAIL BOOM IN INDIA INDIANS YOUTH ARE ADOPTING WESTERN CULTURE INDIAN ECONOMY COSMOPOLITAN RAPID DEVELOPMENT
8. THREATS MSG CHICKEN FLAVOUR PETA LIKE ORGANIZATIONS POLITICAL PARTIES PROTESTING FOR JUNK FOOD PROTEST SUPPORT FROM FAMOUS PERSONALITIES LIKE ANIL KUMBLE,ADITI GOVITHRIKAR,JOHN ABRAHAM ETC
9. MANAGERIAL FUNCTIONSManagement in all business and organizational activities is the act ofgetting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectivesusing available resources efficiently and effectively. Managementcomprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, andcontrolling an organization (a group of one or more people orentities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a...