Part I. Basin Information
Title: Windmills of the Gods
Author: Sidney Sheldon
* (February 11, 1917 – January 30, 2007) was an Academy Award-winning American writer who won award in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best selling novelist. He is the author of The Other Side of Midnight, Bloodline, A stranger in the Mirror, Rage of Angels , If tomorrow comes and Master of the Fame. All have been number one international bestsellers. His first and only other book, The Naked Facem was acclaimed by the New York Times as “the best first mystery of the year”.
* Copyright ©1987 by Sheldon Literary Trust All rights reserved
...view middle of the document...
He’s also a member of The Patriots for Freedom
* ANGEL (NUESA MUNEZ) – “The Angel of Death”, the most skilled killer on earth the one the beck and call of the world’s most secret terrorist organization; the one who had the contract to brutally take the live of the new ambassador and her children.
* Paul Ellison – The Presidents of the United States of America
* Edward Ashley – Mary’s husband. He’s a doctor and believed to die in a car accident.
* Ben Cohn – a veteran political reporter
* Alexandra lonescu – Romanian President
* Marin Groza – Romanian revolutionary leader
Part III. Plot
Stanton Rogers was destined to be the President of the United States of America. But because of the controversy of cheating on his wife and fell in love with another woman, the powerful friends who had backed him for the presidency quietly disappeared. They found a new perfect candidate to rule the most powerful nation: Paul Ellison, Stanton’s closest friend. Stanton’s divorce changed everything. It was now Stanton Rogers who became the appendage to Paul Ellison. Four years later Ellison was elected President of the U.S.A and he appointed Stanton as presidential foreign affairs adviser.
One of the President’s plans was to re-establish the diplomatic relations between the iron curtain countries and the U.S.A. They approached the government of Romania and its President, Alexandru lonescu and he had agreed to the reestablishment. Ellison needed an ambassador in Romania to represent their country. Stanton was assigned to find the right person for the position and they all served in Eastern and Western European countries, and a few of them had additional experience in the Far East and Africa. In other words they were all qualified. But the president needed someone with a different kind of experience, someone who agreed with his theories, someone like Mary Ashley who had brilliant ideas. She even outlined a detailed plan further than the President’s theory. So, they decided to have Mary to represent their country in Romania and they did anything no matter what it takes just to make her agree.
Marin Groza was a revolutionary leader and he was preparing a coup against Alexandru lonescu. He didn’t want to seek vengeance to Romania for killing his family. He wanted to go back to free his people. The unknown organization decided to assassinate him because his plan could destroy their plans. It would open many bridges to the west. So, they hired the most talented and very expensive killer, Angel. She known and disguised as an ordinary fat black woman by the name of Nuesa Muñez and so she killed Groza in her own unique way.
Mary was shocked and flattered at the same time when the President himself called and offered her the position. She could see the look of total disbelief on her husband’s facem, Edward but she felt that maybe Edward could have been more realistic. In some way, she also felt that Edward envied her. He...