Service Request SR-rm-022 - Part 1
November 4, 2013
Service Request SR-rm-022 - Part 1
This paper will describe each of the key stakeholders or stakeholder groups in Riordan Manufacturing who provide requirements for the service request, explain two separate information gathering techniques used during proposed projects, identify two factors that are necessary to ensure that the information required for the project is gathered successfully, define the scope of the project by specifying business functions that will be included in the project, describe the project’s operational, technical, and economic feasibility areas that are examined in the ...view middle of the document...
2. Group interviews: This is a group activity where the entire department is consulted and key advice is taken from the entire group.
3. Facilitated sessions: These sessions become useful only when no solutions can be found for any given problem from the stages mentioned above.
4. Joint Application Development (JAD): This is a higher stage where all the previous stages have failed and in this there is an entire group interview which carries on till a solution is formed.
5. Questionnaires: When the stakeholders are in faraway locations, their views can be considered with the help of questionnaires, which can be filled in by them and sent to the required person (Mochal, 2008).
6. Prototyping: This means developing the working model of the solution provided in order to check its efficiency through repeated tests.
7. Uses cases: This is responsible for creating a story about the working or failing of the solution provided and how the issue can be sorted out to make it work.
8. Following people around: It means that none of the interviews worked and all the routine processes failed. The key people must be followed around for information that may have been missed during the interviews.
9. Request for proposals (RFPs): It is a stage where the entire requirement list is compiled for all possible links between the companies.
10. Brainstorming: It gathers all the key stakeholders in conference so as to discover the best solution, which according to them will meet their requirements (Mochal, 2008).
In every situation, each stage and step has its own importance and in many situations, multiple steps are sued to gather information from different set of stakeholders and clients.
After gathering information, different milestones have been set to track the progress towards the agreed solutions. There will be two milestones, short term and long term milestones. The short-term milestone will track the weekly reporting and the long-term milestone will report monthly meetings conducted at the end of the month. In weekly meetings, the primary focus will be on the meeting agendas met and key developmental stages being met. On the other hand, in monthly meetings, primary motive is to see whether every weekly milestone is met or if not met, what are the problems that need to be resolved and can be addressed. The performance of measurement system and target setting system contains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These indicators act as a heart of these systems. They become powerful management tools when they are used effectively and also help the business to grow further. These management tools help in making the entire process more efficient because when the work flow is high and the volume of working coming in large, such steps has to be...