Presentation to inform outline
Title: Savannah Cats
Purpose: This presentations will inform my audience about the background of Savannah Cats, its key characteristic, and where and for how much the cats may be purchased.
Opening: Couple of months ago my friend in California bought a kitten, which was nothing like a regular kitten I got a year ago. That little kitten was of a very interesting breed: Savannah F3. Have any of you ever heard of Savannah cats? Savannah cat is a cross between an African Serval and a domesticated house cat, which became so popular in the last several years due to its long-legged grace and unique coat of African Serval.
Preview: Today, I would like to tell you a little bit more about Savannah cats. First, I will give you a brief history on how and when Savannah breed was introduced. Then I will tell you about the key characteristics of Savannah cat, and, lastly, I ...view middle of the document...
New York cat show, 1997
* Acceptance for registration with TICA in 2001.
* Championship status – January 29,2012
Transition 2: So next I will talk about the key characteristic of Savannah cats.
* 5 main generations – refers to how close the Savannah is to its Serval ancestor
* F1,F2,F3 - high Serval percent, should not be considered as pets for inexperienced households.
* F4,F5 –low Serval percent
* High maintenance – need a lot of playtime and interaction.
* Love for water – very unusual for a cat.
* Weight: 20-35 pounds, height :15-30 inches tall at maturity
* African Serval is two to three times the weight and height of the average domestic cat. (Introduce visual aid)
* Savannah cat Trouble holds “Guinness Book of World Records” as world’s tallest, domestic cat. (Introduce visual aid)
Transition3: Lastly, I would like to give you some information on where to buy Savannah cats, and how much money you will need to save up for this beauty.
* Check petfinder.com to see if they have any savannah cats available near you
* Many breeders online offer to ship kittens ($250-$350extra) + downpayment required.
* You may “pre order” a kitten.
* Prices: (Introduce visual aid)
* F1: $10,000-$15,000
* F2: $4,500-$10,000
* F3: $3,000-$5,000
* F4: $1,200-$2,500
* F5: $950-$3,000
Internal Summary: In conclusion, even though the price for Savannah cat is extremely high, there is a high demand for this cat. Although it may look like a wild cat, its long-legged grace and unique coat, as well as its lovable and energetic nature will make it a great pet and you, a proud owner.
Closing: I hope my presentation has taught you more about Savannah cats,so next time you see them on TV or your friend buys one, you will be more informed on what type of cat it is.
Clark, S. (2012). “The owners guide to proper care and training”
Savannah Cats. (2013). “Savannah Cats History.” Retrieved from
David, T.(2013).”Savannah Cats and Kittens.” Canada: Windrunner Pets