The used of manual processes in business has decline since the rise of computerized and automated systems. And in fact, nowadays, the use of computer-based business system has become prevalent all throughout the developed and developing countries around the world due to the increased productivity and efficiency of data processing. In the case of Montejo Newspaper Supply and Magazine Distribution they are currently using the manual sales and inventory system wherein computing for these are done manually. But in dealing with these transactions, accuracy, reliability and speed of human skills in performing these transactions are limited because clerical errors are often inevitable. Because of these, they accepted our proposed system. With the Montejo Newspaper Supply and Magazine Distributor, the tracking of sales, controlling of inventory, recording of products, calculating of numerical data and searching, sorting and filtering of item will translated ...view middle of the document...
To create a system that generates accurate results for remaining number of stocks and computation of sales
Statement of the problem
The business is facing many problems in their current system. The researchers found the following problem regarding the manual sales and inventory system:
1. Every instance of updating the record requires counting of all the stocks they have that results to higher requirement of time.
2. The records are not secured it can be accessed by anyone that can result to change in values or inaccurate result.
3. The business is having a hard time in organizing their data or records in the computer.
4. Retrieving the needed data is hard because of large amount of written records that are sometimes unorganized.
5. There is less access to the latest records of inventory, sales and suppliers.
6. There is no separate record for different branches of each line of franchise.
Scope and limitation
The restrictions of the proposed system are specified for different types of users by separating the authority in each function. The following are the scope of the study:
1. The owner or administrator has the authority to create or terminate the account of the personnel.
2. The owner has the major authority in the system and the personnel have limited access in security settings.
3. The owner and the personnel can add, edit, and update the stocks that were used and remained.
4. The owner and the personnel can view the status of the remaining stocks as well as notifications to alert the user if the number of stocks is getting low.
5. The owner or personnel can print the summary or reports.
6. All the information about the stocks will be stored in the database.
7. The system can determine the identification of the user, the transaction he or she made and the time it was saved.
8. The system can create new set of inventory system if the business puts up another franchise.
The following are the limitations of the study:
1. Losing of data when power interruption occurs while in the middle of encoding the data is not subject to retrieval unless it was saved.
2. The system can only be accessed in the computer where it is installed.
3. The significant values in the report can never be edited by the personnel once saved. Unless the administrator approved to correct the error that occurs.