1. How long have you worked in health community?
- I have worked in the health community for 13 years but only 8 years in the U.S.A
2. Why did you choose to work in health community?
-Healthcare chose me 16 years ago. My father asked me if I would join the medical field and to be the first in the family to go to college. I knew nothing about medicine, I was in the finance market. But I ...view middle of the document...
3. Have you ever worked in the private practice setting?
-No, I had been offered to work, my primary care physician of a three-man practice asked if I would come run his practice.
4. What do you see as the two largest health issues facing the West Palm Beach area?
-Smoking and Respiratory Diseases
5. What challenges have you faced when providing care to your community?
-Caregiving can trigger a host of difficult emotions, including anger, fear, resentment, guilt, helplessness, and grief. It's important to acknowledge and accept what you're feeling, both good and bad. Don't beat yourself up over your doubts and misgivings. These feelings don't mean that you don't love your family member—they simply mean you're human. I often feel like I can not connect to them because they are of different culture.
6.What changes you would like to see as it relates to the future of community health?
-Every community is different, but there are similarities in the process by which communities mobilize to affect change.