Unit 2 Assignment 1 Pt1420
Unit 2 Assignment 1: Homework Kenneth D. Davis Intro to Programming
1. What does a professional programmer usually do first to gain an understanding of a problem?
Interview the customer
2. What is pseudocode? Fake Code
3. Computer programs typically perform what three steps?
1. Input is received. 2. Some process is performed on the input. 3. Output is produced.
4. What does the term “user- friendly” mean?
The term user- friendly is ...view middle of the document...
5. What two things must you normally specify in a variable declaration?
You must specify the variable type and an identifier
6. What value is stored in uninitialized variables?
Some languages assign a default value as 0 to uninitialized variables. In many languages, however, uninitialized variables hold unpredictable values.
1. Design an algorithm that prompts the user to enter his or her height and stores the user’s input in a variable named height.
Set height = 72”
Display ‘Enter your Height at Age 21’
Display ‘Enter your Height at Age 22’
2. Design an algorithm that prompts the user to enter his or her favorite color and stores the user’s input in a variable named color.
Set Favorite Color = fAVCOLOR
Display ‘What is your Favorite Color?’
1. Personal Information
Design a program that displays the following information:
Display ‘What is your Name?’
Display ‘What is your Address’
Display ‘What is your City, State, and Zip’