Unite 2 home work
UNIT 2 HOME WORK
1. What does a professional programmer usually do first to gain an understanding of a problem?
.Break the larger problem into independent sub-problems
2. What is pseudocode?
Pseudocode is a detailed yet readable description of what a computer program or algorithm must do, and is expressed in a formally-styled natural language rather than in a programming language.
3. ...view middle of the document...
Identify the Correct Codes
c. Determine the Need for Modifiers
4. What does the term “user-friendly” mean?
That the software or device is easy to use, and that the person using it won't have a hard time learning how to use it or have problems while using it.
1. Design an algorithm that prompts the user to enter his or her height and stores the user’s input in a variable named height.
* Display “Height”
* Input Height
* Display “here is the height that you entered:” , height
2. Design an algorithm that prompts the user to enter his or her favorite color and stores the user’s input in a variable named color.
* Display “Favorite color”
* Input favorite color
* Display “Here is your favorite color you entered:” , color
1. Personal Information
Design a program that displays the following information:
Your name Your address, with city, state, and ZIP Your telephone number Your college major
4. Total Purchase
A customer in a store is purchasing five items. Design a program that asks for the price of each item, and then displays the subtotal of the sale, the amount of sales tax, and the total. Assume the sales tax is 6 percent.