Adobe Acrobat is a set of application software developed by Adobe Systems to view, create, manipulate, print and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF). All parts of the set, except Adobe Reader (formerly Acrobat Reader), are proprietary commercial programs, while the latter is available as freeware and can be copied from Adobe's website. Adobe Reader enables users to view and print PDF files but has negligible PDF creation capabilities. Acrobat and Reader are widely used as a method of presenting information with a fixed layout similar to a paper publication.
How do I install Java ?
The procedure to download Java broadly consists of:
1. Download and Install
2. Enable and Configure
3. Test Installation
The following software will be installed on your computer:
1. Java ...view middle of the document...
Download and Install
2. Test Installation
» Windows System Requirements
Typical download size is 10 MB, which is the minimum download. The size may increase if additional features are selected.
Note: User needs to have an administrative rights for downloading and installing Java on their system.
Download and Install
It is recommended, before you proceed with online installation you may want to disable your Internet firewall. In some cases the default firewall settings are set to reject all automatic or online installations such as the Java online installation. If the firewall is not configured appropriately it may stall the download/install operation of Java under certain conditions. Refer to your specific Internet firewall manual for instructions on how to disable your Internet Firewall.
• Go to the Manual download page
• Click on Windows Online
• The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file
o To run the installer, click Run.
o To save the file for later installation, click Save.
Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
Tip: Save the file to a known location on your computer, for example, to your desktop.
Double-click on the saved file to start the installation process.
• The installation process starts. Click the Install button to accept the license terms and to continue with the installation.
• Oracle has partnered with companies that offer various products. The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.
• A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog. This will complete Java installation process.