PRIVATE FITNESS, LLC
Background/Issues and Concern:
• Acts of Kate with regards to the theft
• Rosemary and Kate are long-time friend
• Rosemary wanted to increase her standard of hiring by capitalizing on her reputation and knowledge in the growing fitness field and to have more time to spend with her two young children
• Rosemary wants to protect her assets
How should Rosemary address her prolem with regards to the situation with Kate as well as in protecting her assets?
Point of View:
Rosemary Worth, the owner of the Private Fitness, LLC
1. to strengthen the controls of the business
2. to eliminate theft and any other kind of ...view middle of the document...
Fire Kate and hire a new person as a manager other than the instructors.
• The work may be organized since they focus primarily on their respective jobs
• Savings from the decrease on salaries expense since Kate will be fired.
• It will be an additional cost
• They will be a decrease of the providers since Kate will be fired.
• Secure the inflow of revenue
3. Don’t fire Kate and strengthen the controls and hire a management Accountant.
• Possibility of fraud will be eliminated / reduced
• Friendship will have a second chance
• Assets can be protected
• Costly in terms of financial and in time.
We recommend that Rosemary would take the second alternative course of Action which is to fire Kate and hire a non- instructor to replace Kate’s position.
Plan of Action:
• Fire Kate
• Hire a non-instructor to replace Kate’s position
• Implement rules and regulations to strengthen the controls of the business
• Rosemary must monitor every single detail of every transactions
• Proper designation of task
Ardee Mae Artiaga
Honey Grace Galamiton