Name: Ben Williams
Course: UNV- 103
Date: November 4, 2014
Instructor: Joan Johnson
Understanding a GCU Assignment Worksheet
It is important to read through all components of an assignment in the GCU classroom so that you are aware of its requirements and the expectations of your instructor. Look for the following cues:
* What is the objective of the assignment?
* What are the elements of the assignment?
* How will the assignment be graded?
* What are other considerations for completing the assignment well?
The purpose of this worksheet is to guide you in “decoding” any GCU assignment.
Review the sample ...view middle of the document...
Then I would read the book, Lecture notes, and any extra material that could help me. This is an assignment that would take a few days to complete, so I would start at the beginning of the week to give myself enough time.
4. Will it be necessary to use the GCU library to complete the assignment found in the sample syllabus?
Yes, it will be necessary to use the GCU library. Looking over the syllabus the assignment instructions says to refer to Cosgrove text. But, this text is not listed under the reading section of the assignment. So, the student is going to have to use the library to find this text to complete the assignment.
5. What resources are provided to complete the assignment found in the sample syllabus?
The Student Success Center is listed if the student as any questions about the GCU writing guidelines. Under the reading section of the syllabus is the book with outlined chapters and pages, along with the lecture notes.
6. How will the instructor determine the student’s grade for the assignment?
While the instructor reads the assignment they look at rubric to see if the student as met the criteria. There a multiple criteria, each having a different point value. The points are then added up to give a final score, hopefully 100%
7. What is not clear to you about the assignment in the sample syllabus and how would you obtain more information?
Under the assignment instructions it refers the Cosgrove text to help complete the assignment, but it’s not listed under the reading section. First, I would email the instructor to ask about it. Then I would also use the library to search the text.
8. How can the rubric help a student meet the instructor’s expectation for the assignment?
By reading the rubric you get a better understand of what the instructor is looking for with the assignment. The rubric displays and breaks down the criteria and a grading scale.
Module and Assignment Information Found a Sample Syllabus:
Assignment Title | Worldview Puzzle Essay: Putting the Pieces Together |
Objectives | * Discuss the concept of a worldview. * Describe how faith contributes to worldview. |
Assignment Instructions | 1) Identify the three components/puzzle pieces that you believe are most critical to the formation of a worldview. Refer to the Cosgrove text to help identify these components. 2) After considering these components, write an essay of 500-750 words that explains how these components/puzzle pieces fit together to form a coherent worldview. How...