Organizational Behavior Business 689
Currently I am the President of the Board of Education for the Beecher Community School District so I chose to examine the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the district which I helped to develop. In order to develop the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Beecher Community School District we put together a strategic planning team to take on the primary role to develop a renewed mission statement, vision and core values along with a strategic plan. The team included board members along with parents, teachers and community members.
The mission of Beecher Community School District is to empower students to be successful academically and socially in a global society. In order to develop our mission statement we had to ask ourselves was what is the purpose/goal of our district and what is our ultimate ...view middle of the document...
A mission statement is extremely important for any organization.
The next task for our team was to develop the vision for our district. The vision of the Beecher Community School District is to be a leader in K-12 education by providing high quality learning opportunities that are valued by all students and to create a culture where students reach beyond their potential through excellence in achievement. When developing our vision we looked at what we wanted to happen in the long term. Our vision reflects what our hopes and expectations are for the future of the district.
Finally we looked at the basic values and beliefs of the district. The Beecher Community School District believes that:
* Children come first.
* All students can learn and be successful.
* Parents and community are important.
* In providing a safe nurturing environment that is also challenging and innovative.
* In leadership and accountability.
* Families are important partners.
* In unconditional caring and non-judgmental feedback.
* In sustaining a financially sound district.
* In providing a rigorous, engaging, and technologically driven curriculum that is assessed regularly.
* Open two way communication is necessary for success.
* In the value of our tradition.
* Parent support and involvement is essential.
* In the value our partners and stakeholders
These are the basic beliefs of the district these are the things that we believe are of the utmost importance, providing guidance for how we behave and relate to others.
I truly believe that it is extremely important that every organization develop, know and believe in their Mission, Vision and Values statements. If you do not have these three statements, or if you have them but are not using them to guide your organization's work, it will be difficult to
determine what your organizations purpose and goals are, what your long term future should be and what is important to you and your employees which ultimately lead to the demise of an organization.