Project part 2:
Student SSCP Domain Research paper
1) Software - PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source network access control (NAC) solution. Boasting an impressive feature set including a captive-portal for registration and remediation, centralized wired and wireless management, powerful guest management options, 802.1X support, layer-2 isolation of problematic devices; PacketFence can be used to effectively secure networks small to very large heterogeneous networks.
2) Cryptography – the protection of information using techniques that ensure its integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and non-repudiation, and the recovery of encrypted ...view middle of the document...
The latest version of the software, Spiceworks v6.2, is the complete network monitoring & management, help desk, PC inventory, and software reporting solution to manage Everything IT in small and medium businesses.
5) Networks and Communications – the network structure, transmission methods and techniques, transport formats and security measures used to operate both private and public communication networks.
software - JITSI is a VoIP, videoconferencing and instant messaging application for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It supports several popular instant messaging and telephony protocols.
FreeSWITCH is a scalable open source cross-platform telephony platform that is designed to route and interconnect popular communication protocols using audio, video, text or any other form of media.
6) Risk, Response and Recovery – the review, analysis and implementation processes essential to the identification, measurement and control of loss associated with unplanned adverse events.
7) Security Operations and Administration – identification of information assets and documentation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines that ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Software - Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you capture and interactively browse the traffic running on a computer network.
AMANDA, the Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver, is a backup solution that allows the IT administrator to set up a single master backup server to back up multiple hosts over network to tape drives/changers or disks or optical media. Amanda uses native utilities and formats (e.g. dump and/or GNU tar) and can back up a large number of servers and workstations
The Computer user is the weakest link in any Company system. To reduce Security risk; You can train employess on the risks. Have a policy in place...