The Election of the American President
1. What must a candidate for the American presidency do before he can be inaugurated?
* He or she has to face a lot of personal demands and win both the primaries of his or her party and the presidential election.
2. Which requirements must be fulfilled by a person in order for him/her to become President of the United States?
* He/she has to be a natural born citizen. Furthermore they must have been a resident for 14 years and be at least 35 years old.
3. How often must the Presidential elections be held according to the Constitution?
* ...view middle of the document...
What means of fundraising can the candidates rely on?
* Today’s candidates depend upon private and to some extent public funds to finance their campaign trails and pay for advertising, media consultants and political advisers, which are all crucial to the outcome of both the primaries and the presidential elections.
6. What happens on Super Tuesday?
* On Super Tuesday as many as 24 states have their primaries or caucuses.
7. When and where are the candidates for presidency and vice presidency elected?
* They are elected at the Democratic National Convention in August and at the Republican National Convention in September.
8. How many National Conventions are there and what are their tasks?
* It is decided by party rules, but it primarily depends on the size of the population in each state. For instance, in Pennsylvania there are 188 delegates.
9. “The voters elect their President in an indirect election” (p. 9, l.12). Comment.
10. When is the scheduled date for the presidential elections?
* On the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November every four years all 50 states are scheduled to hold presidential elections.
11. How many votes must the presidential candidate achieve in order to win the presidency?
* The presidential candidate has to achieve at least 270 votes in order to win the presidency.
12. When does the President give his inauguration address?
* The President gives his inauguration address on January the 20th