1. Article 6 of the Treaty on European Union, called the Maastricht Treaty, states the EU is “founded” on:
• specific performance
• stare decisis
• private markets
• rule of law
2. Which of the following is the path through which contractionary monetary policy works?
• Money down implies interest rate up implies investment up implies income down
• Money down implies interest rate up implies investment down implies income down
• Money down implies interest rate down implies investment down implies income down
• Money down implies interest rate down implies investment up implies income down
3. Marketing research refers to__________.
• the use of information technology to find ...view middle of the document...
If a population is known to be normally distributed, what can be said of the sample distribution of the sample mean drawn from this population?
• For a sample size n < 30, the sampling distribution of the sample mean is normally distributed.
• For a sample size n > 30, the sampling distribution of the sample mean is normally distributed.
• For any sample size n, the sampling distribution of the sample mean is normally distributed.
• For a sample size n < 50, the sampling distribution of the sample mean is normally distributed.
9. Marketing refers to__________.
• the activity for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that benefit its customers, the organization, its stakeholders, and society at large
• the process of identifying target market segments for a product or service
• the activity involved in getting a product or service from the manufacturer to ultimate consumers and organizational buyers
• the production of products or services that will generate the highest return on investment
10. Lori is using secondary research to develop a business report. How can she write her report in a way that demonstrates originality in thought?
• Cite all her research sources
• Use the most current documentation guidelines
• Generate her own conclusions and recommendations
• Adopt a methodical approach to decision making
11. Annie, an employee who often attributes her team failures to bad luck, attributes other teams’ failures to personal shortcomings. Which of the following cognitive biases do Annie’s attributions exemplify?
• Self-deception bias
• Belief bias
• In-group bias
• Hindsight bias
12. When does the straw man fallacy occur?
• When a person tries to disprove a claim based on its source.
• When a person falsifies or overstates an adversary’s position.
• When a person considers only 2 alternatives even when other options are available.
• When a decision maker dismisses an alternative that fails to solve the issue completely.
13. Which of the following types of unemployment is considered to be the most controllable through demand-side macroeconomic policy?
• Cyclical unemployment
• Natural unemployment
• Structural unemployment
• Frictional unemployment
14. Microeconomics and macroeconomics are:
• Interrelated because both are often taught by the same instructors
• Interrelated because what happens in the economy as a whole is based on individual decisions
• Virtually identical, though one is much more difficult than the other
• Not related because they are taught separately
15. Federal law and business leaders alike favor ____________ as a means of governing private business ethics.
• Self-regulation by companies
• Establishment of federal regulators in all private companies to establish and enforce ethical standards.
• Giving the federal government exclusive jurisdiction regarding ethics and ethics violation enforcement.
• Creating uniform statutes of business ethics....