Quiz 1 and 2
* Windows Deployment Services (WDS) is a software platform and technology that allows you to perform which function?
A) automated network-based installations based on network-based boot and installation media
* Which two role services does the WDS Role include?
A) Transport Server and Deployment Server
* What role does preboot execution environment (PXE) play in WDS?
A) It's used to boot to a WDS Server to install a preinstallation environment
What is the name of the Windows Server 2012 installation DVD boot image file?
* What function does the System Preparation Utility (Sysprep.exe) perform on a system?
A) It removes a ...view middle of the document...
wim image file?
A) It loads Windows PE 4.0 on the client computer
* Which of the following describes the WDS install.wim image file?
A) It installs a standard Windows Server 2012 image to the client computer
* Which of the following describes the WDS resource.wim image file?
A) It contains the file resources for all the images in an image group
* Which of the following describes the WDS discover.wim image file?
A)It's used to create a bootable ISO file for WDS deployment
* What kind of updates are released on an as-required basis and are not part of the standard release cycle?
A) out-of-band patches
* What critical step you should perform before applying patches or updates?
A) Be sure that you have a good backup
* Windows Updates, especially the Automatic Updates feature of Windows Updates, are for what kind of environments?
* You can configure Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) in one of two modes: Autonomous or Replica. Autonomous provides one type of management and Replica provides another. What are the two management types?
A) Distributed and Central
* What is the default port number for WSUS synchronization?
* What two ways can you assign computers to groups in WSUS?
A) Client-side and Server-side targeting
* WSUS allows you to automatically approve every update, but you shouldn't necessarily do that. What should you do before approving updates to be installed?
A) Test the updates on your own systems before approving for rollout
* Which of the following is the proper method of starting the Windows Update service?
A) net start wuauserv
* To get the full capability of SCCM, which component must you install on each system on your network?
A) the SCCM agent
* What is the definition of a service pack?
A) It is a tested, cumulative set of hotfixes, security updates, critical updates, and updates, as well as additional fixes for problems found internally since the release of the product
* If Windows Update fails to retrieve updates, what should you check first?
A) Internet Explorer proxy settings
* The number of WSUS servers you need is determined by the number of sites you have and what two other factors?
A) speed and load between sites and the number of clients
* WSUS can retrieve updates directly from Microsoft or from what other source?
A) another WSUS server on your network
* By default, to which computer group are computers assigned in WSUS?
A) All Computers
* Other than the default computer group, how many other groups may a computer be assigned to in WSUS?
* Which of the following best describes a critical update?
A) It is high priority but not security related
* What two things should you check if a particular client is having problems downloading and installing updates?
A) group policy and the Windows Update log