National Westminster Bank (St James Square Branch)
1. It was observed that the present scenario in the account opening has encountered delays which resulted to the negative feedback of the new customers who wish to open an account at Westminster Bank.
The causes of the delay are the procedures which are confusing to the customers. Enumerated below are the delays encountered by new customers:
* Customers fall in line at the Cashier Section
* This process caused a long queue of customers that wants to open an account instead of going straight to the enquiry section that handles account opening
* Cashier refers the customer to the enquiry section
* Without any signpost ...view middle of the document...
Moreover, it took an hour to finish the checklist consequently causes a delay.
* Delivery of Print Cheque Book, etc
* This process wherein the delivery would take 10 days and based on the case it often exceeds its delivery time.
Based on the analysis, the case encounters problems with staffing, allocation and organization procedures, job design, process improvement / process layout which resulted to customer dissatisfaction.
2. In order to address the cause of delays, revision of the procedures must be utmost priority to lessen or to eliminate it. Improvements of the process are as follows:
* Assistance from the assigned personnel
* To eliminate the long queues at the cashier, the manager must assign personnel to personally assist potential clients their purpose at the bank.
* Customer Service catering variety of customer needs in opening and closing accounts
* This will reduce the workload of the records section as this will serve as front liners in assisting and determining the needs of the customers. Furthermore, the customer service will be the one to conduct the formalities to reduce the overlapping responsibilities with the records section.
* Customer Service to submit verified and evaluated formalities to the records section
* This process will get rid of overlapping activities to which the enquiry section and records section is previously doing to process new accounts.
* Revise checklist according to its purpose
* To reduce the interview time it take for the new customer to open an account, revision of checklist must be undertaken by taking to account only the vital information needed to the customer.