OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT OF GARDENIA
Purpose: Describe the role and importance in supporting Gardenia’s supply chain
• Information technology
• Process technology
Scope: Will cover Gardenia Company
• Supply Chain
• Process Technology
• Information Technology
Limitations: Problems that were encountered
• Lack of information
• Had difficult time to access college internet
• Gardenia information updated rapidly
Organization Background: In 1969 Horatio Sye Slocumm sent by [IESC], after 2 years MR Slocumm ...view middle of the document...
▪ Mixer – help to mix raw material
▪ Divider – dividing the dough into a smaller dough to meet the perfection
▪ Rounder – to knead each of the dough pieces in order to trap the carbon dioxide
▪ Checkweigher – to check the dough weight
▪ Tunnel oven
▪ Conveyor belts – help the movement of goods from one place to another
▪ Bread Bodies – van of Gardenia
▪ G-lock system
Website: helps Gardenia to share information, company history, company background, products, and achievements.
E-mail: Gardenia has provided an e-mail for customer to state suggestion, to give feedback, and to complain.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): helps Gardenia to communicate with the suppliers and pay with electronic funds transfer.
Social Network: helps Gardenia to build up good relationship with customer.
E-Commerce: helps Gardenia to increase the company...