HR policy is a formal statement of a principle or rule that members of an organization must follow. Each policy addresses an issue important to the organization's mission or operations.
* Communicate values and expectations for how things are done at your organization
* Keep the organization in compliance with legislation and provide protection against employment claims
* Document and implement best practices appropriate to the organization
* Support consistent treatment of staff, fairness and transparency
* Help management to make ...view middle of the document...
Nestlé provides a working environment which protects the health and welfare of the employees according to the highest affordable standards of safety, hygiene and security. No discrimination for reason of origin, nationality, religion, race, gender or age is tolerated.
Nestlé favours a policy of long-term employment.
Nestlé favours competitive, stimulating and fair remuneration structures offering an overall competitive and attractive compensation package. Remuneration includes salary, any variable part of remuneration as well as social, pension and other benefits.
Remuneration structures facilitate the implementation of flat organisational structures and be flexible so as to adapt to the evolution of the market conditions. This means broad spans allowing sufficient flexibility to effectively reward high professional insight and performances as well as individual potential.
The higher the remuneration level, the more important is the variable part. The HR management sees to it that the implementation of the remuneration policy is fair throughout the organisation and that its spirit is duly reflected.
Nestlé upholds the freedom of association of its employees and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
Tata Steel upholds the importance of a fair and transparent approach in everything it does by adopting the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour in all its business processes and transactions.
At Tata Steel, there is a continuous effort of staying in touch with employees to ensure that there is the right culture to engage them in consistent performance improvement. There are well-established and effective arrangements at each business location for transparent communication and consultation with Works Councils and Trade Union representatives. Further, the Company has always registered steady quality improvement and productivity enhancement through dedicated efforts of the Company Performance Improvement teams, focused on technical best practice transfer and the value of knowledge networks.
Towards the well-being of employees Tata Steel has put into practice many initiatives, events and programmes that have helped to create not only an enduring loyalty amongst employees but also enabled them to have a more fulfilled life.
Special benefits provided to employees
* Medical facilities:
* Free medical facilities for employees and their family, which continues even after retirement.
* Housing facilities:
* Subsidised electricity, water and housing facilities to all employees.
* Higher studies:
* Monetary incentives to employees acquiring higher qualifications in a related field along with study leave, scholarships etc. when necessary.
* Holiday Homes:
* Tata Steel has five holiday homes for benefit of employees during vacation.
* Tata Steel Officer's Beach Club: