Topic: Content on Internet Should Be Censored
Internet censorship is the control or suppression of the publishing of, or access to information on the Internet. It may be carried out by governments or by private organizations either at the behest of government or on their own initiative. Individuals and organizations may engage in self-censorship on their own or due to intimidation and fear. Internet censorship in India is selectively practiced by both federal and state governments. While there is no sustained government policy or strategy to block access to Internet content on a large scale, measures for removing content that is obscene or otherwise ...view middle of the document...
C) Points Against of the Topic:
1) Internet is an open and free medium. It can be accessed by anyone by anywhere. That is the power of internet. If government start censoring voices of the people then internet will lose its charm.
2) People agree that on internet and on social media websites lot of content available which could be against few groups or government. But content available is a view of another group. We cannot stop people of keeping a different perception. We can't hinder the freedom.
3) The content available on different forums or social networking sites should always have a report feature. If a person or group finds it offensive they can report it. And the site could take action on the content. Need is to make generic standards for all sites to filter the content based on the hate. This mechanism is already there so what is need to censor further.
4) Why government needs to control the content. Political parties can be use the content for their personal profit. Parties would censor only content what is against them not against the opposition. So if required to regulate there must be a third party censorship firm or agency or regulatory body, which can take action without partiality.
1) There is no need to censor the internet. What is required is require is to setup a mechanism or regulatory body which can take care of websites to manage their content.
2) Internet is free medium and no one should have right to censor things on it.
Topic: Is it Reasonable to Hold Celebrities Liable for Endorsing False Advertisements?
We see a lot of celebrities advertising for various products. While in that process they claim about the authenticity and effectiveness of that product with great confidence. But many a times, customers who buy the products because of their favorite celebrity endorsing it; are disappointed with the reality of it. The million dollar question over here is, Should celebrities be held responsible for false ad or no?
B) Points in Favor of the Topic?
1) A lot of customers buy the products because their favorite celebrities endorse for it and declare its effectiveness. If the product is not what it promises to be, the celebrities must be made liable for making false promises.
2) Celebrities endorse for various products in lieu of heavy money. So, they automatically become a part of the product marketing and sales. Thus, they must be held responsible if customers are cheated and they must pay fine out of the money they earned.
3) Now-a-days endorsement has become very competitive among celebrities and to remain ahead of others, celebrities endorse for products without checking its quality.
4) False advertisements by celebrities in nothing but exploitation of their fan following and their popularity. They must be held answerable for this.
5) Ads leave a strong impact on the society and celebrities become a part of customer...