Major Segmentation Variables for United International University:
Segmentation variables for consumer markets of United International University offering a quality degree for BDT 25 lacs tuition fee which ensures jobs with a minimum BDT 50000 starting:
Students from whole Dhaka city will be the target market. Focus can be given on some major areas like Dhanmondi, Mohammadpur, Tejgaon, Farmgate, Green Raod, Elephant Raod Mirpur, Old town, Badda, Shahjadpur, Rampura, Uttara, Gulshan, Banani, Mohakhali etc from where the university campuses are more convenient to reach. Besides students, outside from Dhaka, seeking a degree from a reputed private university can ...view middle of the document...
• Special focus will be given to the ambitious students familiar with achievers lifestyle. However, ambitious students from striving families can also be a part of the segmentation.
• HSC or A level passed students of different institution might be the main target people for UIU.So after ending these kind of public exam UIU can target some renowned institution of Dhaka city ,while the students are actually make their further educational decision .
• For UIU market can be segmented into current users, ex-users and potential users. Here current users and ex-users are the potential group for advertisement--each will require different marketing appeals.
• UIU can also segment their market by user loyalty –one is completely loyal and another is somewhat loyal. And here UIU should generate more focus on completely loyal users because they will require potential marketing appeals.
Lastly it can be said that by following these market segments UIU can identify their potential markets and will be able to march towards their ultimate goal.
Steps in the Segmentation Process:
i. Needs Based Segmentation:
• Identify the students who seeks for BBA degree which is equivalent to USA or UK educational system or degrees and the parents who eagerly to paid 25 lacs taka for four years educational life for their children. Here to be noted that every BBA graduates earn 50 thousands salary in entry level job and the job is guaranteed.
ii. Segment Identification:
• Segments the needs-based like geographic, demographic, psychographic and behavioral.
iii. Segment Attractiveness:
• Using tools to attractive the each segments. For demographic segment the students who obtain G.P.A 5.00 without 4th subject in S.S.C and H.S.C as well as good grade in A level and O level will get 100% scholarship. The students or applicants must appear in the admission test and score sufficient scores or numbers.
• The students who obtain above G.P.A of 3.8 (out of 4.00) will get UIU scholarship for the next semester.
• For merit and poor student will get favorable tuition fees. It is applicable for only the student who placed first 20th position in the admission test.
• For foreign students there are special offers. Like part time job facility or approval of part time job 22 hours in a week.
Here is a projected income statement on profit of UIU in a financial year
|Particulars: Amount: |
|Tuition Earnings ...