MRKT 327 -02
Old Spice is the most original brand for men’s fragrances. The Shulton Company in 1990 purchased the Old Spice brand. Procter and Gamble strategically repositioned the brand and adapted more diversified products to meet more current demands. , Old Spice is trying to re-brand its image and appeal to a younger audience to increase sales and brand awareness. In order to do this Old Spice needs to reach a new target market of males. These males should age from 18 to 34 year old.
Men ages 18-34 are interested in using men’s grooming and toiletry products.
Established ...view middle of the document...
Old spice needs to extend its market more globally.
* More innovation and diversified products.
* The brand needs to create products that are female oriented too.
* The brand image of the company needs to be repositioned constantly.
* Continuous improvement and maintenance of the standard quality of products.
* Advertising campaign must be unified all over the world.
* Emerging markets can boost the brand’s image globally.
* Greater interest in fragrance by men.
* The competition in the market is fierce as male oriented market is still experiencing a rapid growth.
If the product becomes more stylish it will turn the reviews positive and the aftershave will become popular on its own.
* Brands like Axe and Gillette are direct threat to OLD spice as their market share is larger to Old spice comparatively.
Due to the strong advertising the names of other brands may not be mentioned as much, and consumers will focus more on Old Spice.
* Unexpected spike in input costs.
By having such a low price it will attract consumers looking to save money within a struggling climate.
Old Spice as...