SWOT is a tool that identifies the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of an organization. SWOT analysis also refers to the process through which decision makers develop their awareness of organizational environments so as to influence performance now and in the future (Naryanan & Nath, 1993: 197). Specifically, SWOT is a basic, straightforward model that assesses what an organization can and cannot do as well as its potential opportunities and threats. The method of SWOT analysis is to take the information from an environmental analysis and separate it into internal (strengths and weaknesses) and external issues (opportunities and threats). Once this is completed, ...view middle of the document...
The authority is responsible for ensuring safety on Ghanaian roads. The authority before the enactment of the DVLA Act was called Vehicle Examination & Licensing Division.
SWOT Analysis of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA)
1. Strong Global presence: McDonald’s is the leading fast-food organization in the world with 32,060 restaurants serving burgers and fries in 118 countries.
2. Worldwide brand image and reputation: It has the same strategy in every market all over the world, but also takes into consideration the local beliefs and likes of people of the respective country. That is the reason why, it is considered most famous and loved brands in the world.
3. Innovative products to attract the customers: McDonald’s launches several different innovative products regularly to attract the customers such as: happy meals for kids, giving away small toys with the kids meal, organizing birthday parties and other events in the stores for the customers, considering the local favorites such as Aloo tikki burger and Paneer salsa wrap in India.
4. McDonald’s offers the consumers reasonable value, great service and choice.
1. Quality issues across the franchise network: Customers require the same quality of food in all the franchises which McDonald’s fail to achieve.
2. The core products of McDonald’s does not meet the trend towards healthier lifestyles of adults and kids.
3. Poor marketing: McDonald’s has incidents of poor advertising in China and Hong Kong which was considered offensive by the locals which affects the brand image.
4. Poor management: Failure to respond to the changing needs and demands of the customers.
1. Healthy lifestyle food segment: Introduction of a new segment which supports the latest trend of health conscious groups.
2. Growth of fast-food industry.
3. Joint Ventures: Joint ventures with the supermarkets such as costco.
4. Wi-fi Internet, play zones for kids at all the franchises.
5. Using more environment friendly products and processes can help them achieve socially responsible tag.
1. Growing awareness.
Nike was founded in 1964 by a track coach named Bill Bowerman and track runner Phil knight. They started with the name blue ribbon sports, and went public in 1980 with their new name NIKE, which came from the mythological winged goddess of victory. Their motto is that if you have a body, you are an athlete, and this company makes sure to provide as each athlete with the equipment they need to thrive. While this company has proven itself to be very popular all over the world it has its weakness and threats along with their opportunities...