Lance Armstrong and Livestrong Foundation: Rising again after the fall
Salman Danny Harry
Facts about Lance E. Armstrong
• American professional road racing cyclist
• Won 7 Tour de France Titles • In 1996 was diagnosed as having testicular cancer • He won the fight against cancer with 50/50 percent chance of survival • In 2012 the UCI disqualified him from all those races for doping offences, banning Armstrong from competitive cycling for life
Facts about Livestrong Foundation
• Founded in 1997 by Lance ...view middle of the document...
Culture Objects Persons Context Celebrity
Endorsement Celebrity Product
Consumption Product consumer
Credibility Attractiveness Power
Internalization Identification Compliance
• Expertise • Trustworthiness
• Similarity • Likability • Decorative models
• Perceived Control • Perceived Concern • Perceived Scrutiny
• Credibility • Attractiveness • Power
• • • • • • • •
Expertise Trustworthiness Similarity Likability Decoration Control Concern Scrutiny
What types of issues with endorsers can negatively affect the brand?
How can that affect the brand?
How should Nike respond to the revelation of Armstrong's doping issue?
1. 2. 3. Stay with Armstrong and Livestrong Stay with Livestrong, drop Armstrong Drop Armstrong and Livestrong
How should Armstrong respond to the negative publicity and rebuild his reputation?