Lab 1 Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the TargetWindows01 server desktop, and identify whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually.
1. FileZilla Server Y
2. Internet Explorer N
3. Mozilla Firefox N
4. Nessus Client N
5. Wire Shark Y
2. What was the allocated source IP host address for the TargetWindows01 server, TargetUbuntu01 server, and the IP default gateway router? 1. The IP host is 172.30.0.8. 2. The IP host address is 172.30.0.4. 3. The IP host address is 172.30.0.2.
3. Did the ...view middle of the document...
5. What is the command line syntax for running an “Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a target subnet of 172.30.0.0/24? nmap-T4-A-v-PE.-P522,25,80 –PA21,23,80,3318.104.22.168.0124
6. Name at least five different scans that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Document under what circumstances you would choose to run those particular scans.1
a. Quick Scan
b. Quick Scan Plus
c. Quick Traceroute
d. Regular Scan
e. Slow comprehensive scan
7. How many different tests (i.e., scripts) did your “Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after reviewing the scan report. I found six different test performed. APR scan, SYN Stealth Scan, Service Scan, OS detection, Nmap Scan.
8. Describe what each of these tests or scripts performs within the Zenmap GUI (Nmap) scan report. The APR Ping Scan was scanning for host. They SYN Stealth Scan discovered ports opened on the IP address. The Service Scan and PRCGrind Scan scanned services on the IP address. OS detection was detecting host. NSE: script was scanning the IP address. The Nmap Scan was scanning to see if host were up or down on the IP address.
9. How many total IP hosts (not counting Cisco device interfaces) did Zenmap GUI (Nmap) find on the network? 256
10. Based on your Nmap scan results and initial reconnaissance and probing, what next steps would you perform on the VSCL target machines?