Brief Description of the Organisation – ‘The Luxury Hotel Group
[pic] [pic] [pic]
The Luxury Hotel Group
The Luxury Hotel Group started business with two small boutique style hotels in Melbourne, Australia. The group is owned and financed by a large consortium of international business experts and several large investment companies. It is in a strong financial position for expansion.
Over a period of 15 years it has grown to now comprise a chain of 20 hotels across 5 different countries in the Australasian region. This growth was a result of an acquisition of a small hotel chain and establishment of some new properties, mainly in Australia. The group employs cultural ...view middle of the document...
Marketing and sales staff are constantly traveling to visit the Hotel Groups and may be seconded to a hotel or country for 6 months in the period leading up to acquisition or commissioning of a new hotel.
The majority of staff employed by the Luxury Hotel Group is located in the hotels. This includes Manager and Deputy Manager, hotel coordinator and administrator/events manager and all the staff who cook clean and wait in the hotel.
Key Organisational Goals
The key organisational goals for the next five years are to:
1. Increase the number of properties by 15% over the next 5 years
2. Break into new markets e.g. new international regions
3. Expand into the larger hotel market
4. Maintain quality service reputation during expansion
5. Attract & retain high quality, experienced staff
6. Ensure all facilities are maintained to world class standards
7. Provide a unique hotel experience for all guests
Strategic Business Objectives
1. The Luxury Hotel Group will focus on growing their reputation for quality service and improving whole ‘hotel experience’ for the customer
2. The Luxury Hotel Group will have demonstrated recognition as the specialist in the boutique hotel business
3. The Luxury Hotel Group will implement design strategies to ensure consistency of experience across the hotel chain
4. The Luxury Hotel Group will introduce a segmented approach to marketing to appeal to higher income and medium income markets with the main focus on the higher income.
5. The Luxury Hotel Group will develop and implement a direct marketing plan to update their marketing approach.
6. Strengthen the regular customer base by developing customer retention and loyalty strategies.
7. Be recognised as an employer of choice with the capacity to attract and retain the highest quality staff in the industry.
Organisational Values Statements
1. Team work is the key to success.
2. Customer service is what we do best!
3. We endeavor to show respect to all people, be supportive of our co- workers and work towards achieving the organisational goals.
4. We are all in this together and focused on being the best chain of boutique hotels in the world!
5. We value clear communication and the right to express our opinions in a polite and pleasant manner and we extend this right to others.
6. We endeavor to support others by observing all appropriate legislation and guidelines and ensure that our hotels are safe environments.
Plans for Immediate Future
The Luxury Hotel Group is investigating expansion into new regions, possibly Pacific Island Region, New Zealand and Indonesia/Malaysia. Preliminary evaluation of marketing opportunities has identified the Pacific and New Zealand regions as promising areas for further expansion in the next 12 months.
The Luxury Hotel Group is also planning to value add to its Hotel experience by establishing expertise for events management, in...