What features of contemporary e-commerce does Groupon Now! utilize?
* Ubiquity: Groupon now offers local deals at any moment of the day.
* Global Reach: Groupon features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in 48 countries, and soon beyond (read: Space). We have about 10,000 employees working across our Chicago headquarters, a growing office in Palo Alto, CA, local markets throughout North America and regional offices in Europe, Latin America, Asia and ...view middle of the document...
The app will give you a scannable barcode that the shop offering the deal can read using the Groupon NOW app.
* Personalization and customization: Groupon personalizes “deals” for users who supply some information about themselves, such as their zip code, gender and age, and it will make sure you see the deals most relevant to you.
* Information density: Groupon now share with the user many promotions according to the place, so the user can compare options and select the one he likes more.
* Richness: If the user finds a deal he or she likes, that person “buys” the deal online via Groupon. The user can print the voucher or bring it up to display on a mobile device.
2. What value does this service provide subscribing merchants? What value does it provide customers?
* A deal in Groupon becomes available only if a certain number of people sign up for a specific daily Groupon offer. If the predetermined minimum is not met, no one gets the deal that day. This reduces risk for retailers, who can treat the coupons as quantity.
* Groupon Now! Gives business owners the ability to offer deals at specific times of the day. This will enable them to schedule deals to encourage visitors during normally slow business hours.
* Merchants don`t have to make checks