1. A tap can fill an oil tank in 15 hours. After half the oil tank is filled, nine more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the oil tank completely?
(a) 8 hrs 15 min (b) 3 hrs 45 min (c) 4 hrs (d) 4 hrs 15 min
2. Two pipes can fill a tank in 10 hours and 12 hours respectively, while a third pipe empties the full tank m 20 hours. If all the three pipes operate simultaneously, in how much time will the tank be full?
(a) 7 hrs 15 mm (b) 7 hrs 30 mm (c) 7 hrs 45 mm (d) 8 hrs
3.One tap can fill a water tank four times as fast as another tap. If together the two taps can fill the water tank in 30 minutes then ...view middle of the document...
5 hr. b] 4 hr. c] 2 hr. d] 6 hr.
9. A can do a work in 9 days. If B is 50% more efficient to A, then in how many days can B do the same work?
a] 13.5 b] 4.5 c] 6 d] 3
10. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of such persons will do half of that work in.
a] 6 days b] 4 days c] 12 days d] 3 days
1. Ramdin can reap a field in 30 days. What part of the field would he have reaped in 25 days?
2. If 12 men working 8 hours a day can construct a shed in 5 days, then in how many days will 8 men working 10 hours a day complete the same job?
3. Three ants separately can gobble a dead grasshopper in 3, 4 and 6 days respectively. How many days will they take together to finish off the poor chap? If the grasshopper weighs 63 grams, find the share of each.
4. If a chicken lays an egg and a half in a day. how long does it take to get a dozen eggs from a chicken?
5. A dozen pens cost 15 rupees. How much would a hundred pens cost?
6. 400 grams cake costs 80 rupees. How much would a 1.5 kg cake cost?
7. It rained 80 mm in first 20 days of April. What would be the total rainfall in April?
8. 50 grams of fish food is sufficient for 8 fish for a day. How much would 12 fish require in a day?
9. 50 grams of fish food is sufficient for 8 fish for a day. On the same amount of food, for how many days can 2 fish survive?
10. A man builds a chair in 4 days, working 6 hours a day. How many hours should he work in a day if he wants to do it in 3 days instead of 4 days?
11. Four men working together take 3 hours to paint a wall. How much time would 6 men take to do the same job?
12. A man earns Rs 18000 in 3 months.(a) How much time would he take to earn Rs 30000?(b) How much will he earn in 7 months?
13. Ram can build a table in 6 days while Shyam requires 8 days for the same work. Working together, (a) how many days would they require to construct 7 tables? (b) How many tables can they construct in 48 days?
14. A man and a woman working together can sow a field in 20/9 days. The man alone can do it in 4 days. How much time would the woman working alone take to sow the field?
Answers: 1. 5/6th 2. 6 days 3. 1 and 1/3 days, 28 grams, 21 grams, 14 grams 4. 8 days
5. Rs. 125 6. Rs. 300 7. can not say 8. 75 grams 9. 4 days 10. 8 hours per day 11. 2 hours 12. (a) 5 months (b) Rs 42000 13. (a) 24 days (b) 14 tables 14. 5 days
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4.(a) 5.(c)
6. (d) 7. (a) 8. (c) 9. c 10.(d)
Question:A plane can fly a certain distance in 5 hours against an 8-mile-per-hour...