Comparative financial statements for Butter Cookies for the fiscal year ending December 31 appear below. The company did not issue any new ordinary or preference share during the year. A total of 600 thousand ordinary shares were outstanding. The interest rate on the bonds payable was 14%, the income tax was 40%, and the dividend per ordinary share was P0.75. The market value of the company’s ordinary share at the end of the year was P26. All of the company’s sales are on account.
Comparative Balance Sheet
(pesos in thousands)
This Year Last Year
Cash P 1,080 P 1,210
Accounts Receivable, net 9,000 6,500
...view middle of the document...
Gross margin percentage 5. Dividend yield ratio
2. Earnings per share 6. Return on total Assets
3. Price-earnings ratio 7. Return on ordinary shareholders’ equity
4. Dividend payout ratio 8. Book value per share
Compute the following financial data for short term creditors for this year:
1. Working Capital 5. Average collection period
2. Current ratio 6. Inventory turnover
3. Acid-test ratio 7. Inventory turnover
4. Accounts receivable ratio (assume that all sales are on account)
Compute the following financial ratios for long term creditors for this year:
1. Times interest earned ratio
2. Debt-to-equity ratio
The following ratios and other data pertain to the financial statements of the UPBEAT Company for the year ended December 31,...