11) In the development of a SFAS matrix, the first step is to
A. enter the ratings of how the company's management is responding to each of the strategic factors
B. calculate the weighted scores
C. list the most important EFAS and IFAS items
D. indicate short-term for the duration
E. enter the weights for all of the internal factors
12) The technique that illustrates how management can match the external opportunities and threats with its strengths and weaknesses to yield four sets of strategic alternatives is called a (an)
A. IFAS Table
B. EFAS Table
C. SFAS Table
D. TOWS Matrix
E. Issues Priority Matrix
13) Which strategy specifies the firm's overall direction in terms of its ...view middle of the document...
B. international strategy
C. competitive strategy
D. cross-border configuration
16) What question must managers ask concerning the relationship between economic logic and international strategy?
A. Which geographic areas will we enter?
B. How does our international strategy contribute to the economic logic of our business and corporate strategies?
C. How does being international make our products more attractive to our customers?
D. Which international market-entry strategies will we use?
17) Which strategy is developed to pull together the various activities and competencies of each department so that corporate and business unit performance improves and resource productivity is maximized?
A. Business strategy
B. Competitive strategy
C. Generic strategy
D. Enterprise strategy
E. Functional strategy
18) The strategy that deals with product and process innovation and improvement is known as a ________ strategy.
E. human resource management
19) The hiring of new people with new skills, firing of people with inappropriate or substandard skills, and/or training existing employees to learn new skills are included the process of
20) The strategy implementation tool used to determine what actions are going to be taken, by whom, during what time frame, and with what expected results is called a(n)
A. mission statement
B. action plan
E. succession plan