Thinking Styles Test - 'Word' document Read each set of words and tick the two in each group that best describe you.
1. A. I am imaginative. B. I like finding things out. C. I am realistic about things. D. I like puzzles.
2. A. I am organised. B. I am happy when things change. C. I like to ask questions about things. D. I like finding things out.
3. A. I like discussing and arguing. B. I like to get to the point. C. I like making things and thinking in new ways. D. I like seeing how things fit together.
4. A. I get on well with people. B. I like to do things with my hands. C. I like school work. D. I am adventurous
5. A. I am precise. B. I am flexible. C. I like things to be organised. D. I am inventive.
6. A. I like to share things and ideas. B. I like everything to be in order.
C. I am sensible. D. I like to be independent.
7. A. I like to do better than other people. B. I like things I do to be perfect. C. I like ...view middle of the document...
12. A. I am a good talker and writer. B. I like finding things out.
C. I am a careful person. D. I like to work things out in my head.
13. A. I am good at asking questions. B. I like to do things several times to get it right. C. I care about people and myself. D. I like looking at things in detail.
14. A.I like getting things finished. B. I am good at finding ways to do things. C. I like finding and working with new ideas. D. I like working things out.
15. A. I am good at doing things. B. I am good at feeling when things are right or wrong. C. I am good at thinking. D. I like experimenting.
1. After completing the test, circle the letters of the rods you chose for each number in the grid below. I 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. C A B B A B B C II D C A C C C D A III A B D A B A C B IV B D C D D D A D
9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 2. Now add up the Totals of circles In each column.
D A D C B A A Total _______
A C B D D C C Total _______
B B C A C D B Total _______
C D A B A B D Total _______
3. Now take the total from each column and multiply it by 4 I II III IV _____ _____ _____ _____ X4= _____ Concrete Sequential ( CS.) Abstract Sequential ( AS.) Abstract Random ( AR.) Concrete Random ( CR.)
X 4 = _____ X 4 = _____ X 4 = _____
4. The one with the highest number shows you how you most often process information and how you prefer to work 5. To get a really good picture of how your mind likes to work, you can put all of the information above onto a chart on the next page. It is very easy. All you have to do is to put a dot on the number of your score in each of the four areas 9CS, AS, AR, CR) then join-up the dots. If you are like most people you will discover that you actually have some ability in each of the four areas, but most people will prefer to think and work in one particular way.
After you have completed your
Personal thinking-style test on The previous page Chart your results below
CS 60 50 40 30 20 10 CR 60 50 40 30 20 10 X 10 20 30 40 50 60 AR 10 20 30 40 50 60 AS
Our thanks to John LeTellier and Dell Publishing, 666 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10103, for permission to reprint this test from Quantum Learning, by Bobbi DePorter. The test is based on research by professor Anthony Gregorc.