FedEx Express invented express distribution and is the industry’s global leader, providing rapid, reliable, time-definite delivery to more than 220 countries and territories, connecting markets that comprise more than 90 percent of the world’s gross domestic product within one to three business days. Unmatched air route authorities and transportation infrastructure, combined with leading-edge information technologies, make FedEx Express the world’s largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable services for more than 3.6 million shipments each business day
FedEx Express invented express distribution and remains the industry’s global leader, providing rapid, reliable, ...view middle of the document...
* FedEx Express is named among Top Five of the “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces” by the Great Places to Work Institute.
* FedEx Express opens a new station in Belfast and launches a new daily flight offering next-day service to Europe and the East Coast of the US, as well as a two-business-day service to Asia and the rest of the US.
* FedEx Express launches new green delivery initiative in France by introducing seven electronically-assisted tricycles for package deliveries and collections in three separate districts in Paris.
* FedEx Express is named a Business Superbrand in the UK for 2012.
* From June 2011 to May 2012 FedEx Express announces the opening of 38 stations in France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
* From June 2011 to May 2012 FedEx Express launches four new Boeing 757’s. B757’s will offer next-business-day services to FedEx Express customers in Oslo and significantly improve services for customers in Sweden, Finland, UK and the Netherlands, most notably through faster transit times, as well as extended cut-off times.
* FedEx Express becomes the first operator to launch a regular Boeing 777F service to and from Cologne. With lower emissions and less fuel consumption, this aircraft reduces the environmental and also noise impact of operations.
* FedEx Express acquires Polish shipping company Opek Sp.z o.o.
* FedEx Express becomes the first transportation company globally to launch carbon-neutral shipping for all FedEx envelopes at no extra charge to its customers.
* FedEx FedEx Express acquires TATEX, a leading French business-to-business express transportation company.
* FedEx Express is named Super Eco-Airline of the Year 2012 by Air Transport World.
* FedEx Express launches a new international B777 route between Milan, Italy and Memphis, US, with a stop in Munich, Germany once a week.
* FedEx Express announces the launch of SenseAware to the UK, a service that provides real time access to a package’s vital statistics when in transit or stationary. The...