Subject: EDAHOD5 The Educator as Assessor
Student: Brett Mordaunt
Student Number: 4079-243-9
Assignment number: 1
Unique Number: 827947
Illustrate your thinking about assessment by describing three separate assessment tasks/activities your learners have to do in your subject/learning area and which you or your learners have to assess. Your descriptions must be in response to 14 very specific aspects/strategies of assessment. These 14 aspects/strategies are included below as 14 questions.
Subject/learning area, lesson topic, and grade ...view middle of the document...
To complete this task the learner will need to do/demonstrate the following:
• Use language to think and reason out creative ideas
• Apply the reasoning process to capturing ideas and transfer them to written words
• Write and present a mixed variety of factual and creative texts to suit a variety of purposes.
• The learner will know and be able to use the sounds, words and grammar of the English language to complete the task.
Assessment standards to be used in this task:
• Individual assessment (no group work or collaboration)
• Consulting a dictionary, thesaurus and the educator are all encouraged
o The learner must construct the essay using paragraphs
o Paragraphs must be logically ordered
o Conjunctions (if used) must bring cohesion rather than produce run-on sentences.
o Sentence types, sentence length and sentence structure should vary within the paragraphs
• All points/information must show a link to the given topic
• The following processes must be evident:
The assessor for this assessment will be the Educator. The reasons for this are that the Educator