Please CORRECT the following questions. Re-write the sections so they are correct. Then upload the paper to the Homework folder marked “Q1.”
I. Run-ons and Comma Splices and Fragments
1. The unreliable reports resulted in a major misunderstanding among the population surveyed less than 12% admitted getting their news from any place other than FOX.
2. Despite the pressure to conform. The corporal insisted on dismissing the new recruits any earlier than the normal end of work day.
3. Safety is a huge priority at Alpha Chemicals, the following visitor policy must be followed at all times.
4. The other three ...view middle of the document...
What comedian said. “I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but that wasn’t it.
10. She have experienced some of the most frightening conversations any child could ever be exposed to.
11. The media have a strong influence on our lives, so advertising should promote a healthy diet instead of sugary, caffeinated soda and greasy, salty fast food.
12. If my qualifications and background meets your agency’s needs, please contact me anytime at 302-889-7857.
13. To save money, you could have asked each participant to bring his own mug with him , and avoid paying extra for disposable cups, when you were planning that breakfast bash for the entire office.
14. However, one person can not possible stop the destruction, right, she asked me pensively?
15. He made a point of telling us about every episode in his life when he felt he had been mistreated or misled, but in the end he can not give evidence of any major discrimination.
III. Misplaced modifiers and dangling participles
16. Pretending to carry on a conversation. my cellphone was held to my ear.
17.My wife and I painted the shelves with two coats of paint, eyeing the flaking ceiling in the same room the whole time
18.Harry surprised his contemporaries when he chose to major in systems analysis, perpetually the class clown.
19.Scrubbing the table with peroxide to remove the stains, the hours went by quickly.
20. Ever the instigator of mischief, the action of almost tossing her little sister out the window shocked the mischievous five-year old.