QUESTION # 01:
What kind of systems are described in this case? Identify and describe the business processes each supports. Describe the inputs, processes, and outputs of these systems.
ANSWER # 01
There are several kinds of systems are described in this case study;
Domino’s uses TPS , pulse evolution and SCMs which helps to increase customer satisfaction pulse is installed on two types of hardware first “thick-client “in which all order (TPS)“pulse “are installed on pc’s and other is “thin-client “model that is network with small clients.
Domino’s defined point-of-sale system, Pulse, which is an important asset in maintaining consistent and efficient management functions in each of its ...view middle of the document...
Also by these systems the company reduced its business cost and maintains the information and the data very updated form.
QUESTION # 03
How did the online pizza ordering system improve the process of ordering a Domino’s pizza?
ANSWER # 03
Domino’s rolled out its state of the art online ordering system, which includes pizza tracker. By this system the customer can see a photographic version of the pizza as they customize its size, sauces, and toppings. The image changes with each change a customer makes. Then, once customers place an order, they are able to view its progress online with Pizza Tracker. Pizza Tracker displays a horizontal bar that tracks an order’s progress graphically. And in 2010 Domino’s also introduced and online polling system to continuously upload information from local stores.
QUESTION # 04
How effective are these systems in giving domino’s a competitive advantage? Explain you answer.
ANSWER # 04
These system provides domino’s a competitive advantage and by the help of these system they improve their business so well i.e.
• The system improve its online ordering system in an efficient manner and also the customer data are stored in the system and updated it
• The system allows to company to modernize its strategies and processing more efficiently than its competitors
• By the online tracker system the business processes are automatically done and the access of information is easily available for all
• Papa John’s and pizza hut are the rivals of domino’s but they don’t have the tracker technology like domino’s has successfully implemented
• Online orders account for almost 20 percent of all domino’s orders, which is up from less than 15 percent in 2008
QUESTION # 05
What steps does pizza tracker display for user? How does the Pizza Tracker improve the customer experience?
ANSWER # 05
The steps that pizza tracker display for user are:
First Step: In the first...