SWOT ANALYSIS | October 3
Daniel W, Jaime H, Sam G, Ayrton B, Andrew S | Business Studies |
1. Cover page
* CBD=central business district
* Amenity=the quality of being pleasant or agreeable
* Fragmentation=market situation without group or buyers or sellers
* SWOT analysis=a structured planning method used to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses opportunities and threats involved in a project in a business venture.
* Frequency= the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit time.
* Sustainability=a sustainable development ...view middle of the document...
In general, manufacturing capacity may be adjusted by working overtime or redeploying the manpower.
* International trade= The exchange of goods or services along international borders. This type of trade allows for a greater competition and more competitive pricing in the market. The competition results in more affordable products for the consumer.
* Market value=The highest estimated price that a buyer would pay and a seller would accept for an item in an open and competitive market.
* Tertiary sector=Voluntary or non-profit sector of an economy; described by Jim Joseph (President, Council On Foundations) as "an intermediary space between business and government where private energy can be deployed for public good." Also called third sector.
* Economy=An entire network of producers, distributors, and consumers of goods and services in a local, regional, or national community.
* Community= Self-organized network of people with common agenda, cause, or interest, who collaborate by sharing ideas, information, and other resources.
* Manufacturing =Entity that makes a good through a process involving raw materials, components, or assemblies, usually on a large scale with different operations divided among different workers. Commonly used interchangeably with producer.
* District= 1.Administrative or electoral subdivision of an area.
* 2.Section of a city with a distinguishing characteristic.
* The CBD (Central Business District) has a regional space to provide for approximately 60 000 people. This means the area has a large target market and a place of public interest.
* The Area is compact and can travel large distances within short amount of time. This is effective when it comes to logistics such as transport of finished goods and delivery services.
* Range of goods and services available within the...