ACC502: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
TRIMESTER 2, 2013
Classify each cost item of Ripon Printers into one of the business functions of the value chain, either: (1) R&D, (2) design, (3) production, (4) marketing, (5) distribution, or (6) customer service.
a) Cost of customer order form | Marketing |
b) Cost of paper used in manufacture of books | Production |
c) Cost of paper used in packing cartons to ship books | Distribution |
d) Cost of paper used in display at national trade show | Marketing |
e) Depreciation of trucks used to transports books to college bookstores | Distribution |
f) Cost of the wood used to manufacture paper | ...view middle of the document...
* Follow applicable laws, regulations standards.
* Maintain professional competence
* Prepare complete and clear reports after appropriate analysis
* Follow applicable laws, regulation and standards.
2) Confidentiality: - is the non-disclosure of some information except to an authorized person. For example:-
* Ensure that subordinates do not disclose confidential information
* Do not use confidential information for personal advantages
* Do not disclose confidential information unless legally obligated to do so
3) Integrity: - is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. For example:-
* Recognize and communication personal and professional limitations
* Avoid conflicts of interest and advise others of potential conflicts
* Do not subvert organization’s legitimate objectives
* Avoid activities that could affect your ability to perform duties
* Refuse gifts or favors that might influence behavior
* Refrain from activities that could discredit the profession
* Communicate unfavorable as well as favorable information.
4) Objectivity: - something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target. For example:-
* Disclose all information that might be useful to management
* Communication information fairly and objectively.
Generally, companies follow one of two broad strategies: offering a quality product at a low price, or offering a unique product or service priced higher than the competition. Assume you are opening a small food outlet across the street from your campus. How might that business be operated under each of the two broad strategies? Consider the following specific operational areas: