Death and Dying
HS101 Unit 9
1. List 2 examples of legal issues affecting healthcare and describe how you determined your choices to be legal issues.
Two examples of legal issues affecting health care are- labor and employment issues because it seems like there is always some kind of a lawsuit being brought forth about age discrimination or requests for accommodations for employees with disabilities. Medical malpractice and tort reform how can you not determine that to be legal issue when even the President of the United States of America talks about it in a State of the Union address.
2. Give 2 examples of ethical issues affecting ...view middle of the document...
Another moral issue for some healthcare professionals are Euthanasia I determine this to be a moral issue simply because it can be argued that it is immoral or merciful.
4. Describe the impact your own personal ethics may have on your practice as a healthcare professional.
The impact my personal ethics may have as a healthcare professional is the fact my work ethic for example can have a major impact because it will be shown and proven to perform to the best of my ability to get the job done correctly and eventually.
5. List 3 ideas that you have for keeping your personal and professional ethics separate:
The three ideas I have for keeping my personal and professional ethics separate are by remembering that my ethics are not the same as the patients and the patient is the reason I am here. The second idea is knowing it’s t difference between keeping my job or losing it and keeping that in mind. And third idea is also kept in mind that I will not advance in my field if I don’t keep them separate.
6. How does diversity (ethnic, social and cultural) play a role in providing patient care for your chosen profession?
Diversity plays a role in providing patient care in my profession because it will force a healthcare professional to see things from a more open minded point of...