Question: Crew Management of Super Star Virgo
Study the crew strength onboard Super Star Virgo. Elaborate on the recruitment methods and criteria in the recruitment of local and foreign crew members by Star Cruise. What are the training and development programmes provided by Star Cruise to ensure quality service? Identify the benefits enjoyed by the crew members.
Evaluate and support with reasons if more can be done to improve crew management.
• Study Crew Strength
• Elaborate on Recruitment Methods
• Elaborate on Recruitment Criteria
• Training and Development Programmes
• Service Standards
• Benefits Enjoyed by Crew Members
• ...view middle of the document...
Being able to converse in English is an important criterion as it enables basic communication among the different races onboard; be it crew or more importantly, customers. In addition, applicants must have positive attitudes as it contributes to a good start in excellent service where the reputation of Star Cruises is concerned. However, as the recruitment criteria for every single position is different, the above criteria only serves as a guide.
Training and Development Programmes
Onboard Super Star Virgo, there is an independent training department which conducts onboard training for its crew members. The training ranges from safety and security procedures to service skills and knowledge. The trainings are certified and accredited by prestigious organizations showing its credibility.
• Star Cruises is one of the first cruise lines to be certified for the ISM (International Safety Management) Code in 1998 as directed by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation).
• First shipping company ever to be accredited by Panama Maritime Authority to conduct STCW-95 without involvement by external training institute, in 2000.
• The STCW-95 training programmes are conducted on board Star Cruises’ vessels and is fully endorsed by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and used to train captains, officers and crew.
The crew to passenger ratio aboard Super Star Virgo is 1:2. This reflects the highly efficient service that it is able to provide, as well as, the greater care and attention each passenger is able to receive. Furthermore, this will allow the crew members to specialize in an area that provides maximum satisfaction available to a passenger. Hence, the quality of service is consistent and sustained.
• Star Cruises' award-winning product is noted for its excellent service standards and the highest crew-to-passenger ratio (1:2) of any major cruise line, reflecting the high standards of the hospitality industry in Asia-Pacific.
Benefits Enjoyed by Crew Members