1. A marketer of health foods is attempting to segment its market on the basis of Australian consumers’ self-image. Describe the four types of consumer self-image and discuss which one(s) would be most effective for the stated purpose.
• Actual self-Image: how consumers feel about themselves
• Ideal self-image: how consumers would like to see themselves
• Social self-image: how consumers feel others see them
• Ideal social self-image: how consumers would like others to see them
The self-image concept that should be embodied by the marketer should be the consumers Ideal self-image. This is due to consumers aspire to this and it is how they would like to see themselves as healthier and ...view middle of the document...
Sensory adaption affects advertising comprehension by targeting one of a humans five senses which are, taste, smell, sight, hearing and to feel movement. Adaption occurs when a subject is continually exposed to a stimulus. Essentially, it is when a subject ‘gets used to a stimulus’ this problem is encountered by TV advertisements. A way advertisers may over come this is to vary the execution of their advertising to maintain impact.
4. Megan is a 29-year-old, single investment banker who lives in an apartment in a large city. After a particularly difficult, long workday, she relaxed in her apartment by reading through one business and two fashion magazines. When questioned by a researcher the next day, she could clearly recall two holiday ads and vaguely remembered one ad for a personal computer from among the nearly 100 ads she had seen in the three magazines. However, she could recount in detail the articles she read and even recalled the titles of articles that she did not read. How can you explain this?
This can be explained by the amount of attention that the women...